Sunday, August 28, 2011
Spanish Omlette with Salsa
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large potatoes,cut in half, peeled, sliced thinly
2 medium red onions, sliced thinly
1 medium capsicum, chopped coarsely
¼ cup (60ml) skim milk
1 teaspoon of black pepper/ salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika powder and 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
2 tomatos, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 small red onion, chopped
2 teaspoons tomato paste
1 Tablespoons Oil
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add potatoes and onions, and cook, stirring, after 2 min turn fire low and fry until potatoes are tender.
2. Whisk the eggs and milk in a large jug. Add the spices and mix it well. Pour over the potato mixture in the pan and stir gently. Cook, covered loosely, over low heat, for about 15 minutes or until almost set.
3. Preheat grill. Cover pan handle with a sheet of foil, place omelette in pan under grill for 2-3 minutes or until browned lightly and set.
1. Heat the oil in a small bowl and fry the onions for 1 min. Add garlic n fry another minute.
2. Add the Tomatoe, tomatoe paste, spices and 1/2 cup water. cover the bowl and let it cook for 10 min.
If its still too liquid cook it until it reached the wanted thickness
Serve the Omlette hot with the salsa