Wednesday, September 12, 2012

How to make baked Sweet Potato without an Oven!

Baked sweet potato in the microwave

I love baked sweet potatoes and its great that they are not only tasty but also very healthy.

My problem is that I hate to make them in the oven. It simply takes too long to pre heat the oven and than bake them.

So I found a way that is faster and easier than this.

I simply use the microwave to bake my potatoes. Alright you cant call it baked anymore I guess but the taste is the same.

This is how you do it:

1. Wash the sweet potato and then dry it with a kitchen towel.

2. Pick the potato with a fork many times. You don’t need to push the fork too deep into it but just make sure there are some little wholes.

3. Put the potato on a plate and place it in the microwave.

Turn the microwave on full heat ( if you use medium or low heat it will take a long time)

Set the timer for 5 min.

After this time use a knife to check if the potato is ready.

If you can push the knife through the potato ( middle) than its soft and ready to eat.

If its still hard than put it in the microwave for another 5 min and check again.

I eat the potato without adding anything but I know most people love to add some butter on top or to add some salt. Choose your favorite variation and enjoy a sweet potato snack J

No comments: