Sunday, April 5, 2009
Lussekater from Sweden
also called julkuse or saffranskuse
60 gr yeast
500 ml milk
200 gr butter
1 teaspoon salt
200 gr sugar
0,5 teaspoon safran
50 gr almonds ( peeled, chopped)
1 kg fluor
raisins for decoration
1. Put the yeast in a bowl and mix it with a bit cold milk. Add 1 egg
and mix it all.
2. Melt the butter in a pot, than add the rest of the milk and cook it til the
liquid is warm ( not cooking!).
Put the liquid over the yeast mix.
Add salt,sugar and safran.
Than add the fluor with the almond gradually and knead together everything tilit becomes a dough.
3. Put the dough in a bowl and cover it with a kitchen-towel. Let it stand in a warm place for 20 min,
til the dough doubled it´s size.
Than again knead the dough and part it into 30 - 35 pieces and roll it into Lussekater ( like on the picture)
4. Put the lussekater on with baking paper covered baking tray.remember to leave some space between the peaces.
Again cover them witha kitchen-towel and leave them at a warm place for 15 - 20 min.
5. Now whip the 2nd egg and carefully rake the lussekater with it.
put the raisins on it like in the picture.
6.backe them in the oven for 8 min by 250 degrees Celsius
Lussekater are served on christmas in sweden, u normally drink caffee with them.
I hope u enjoy them :)